January 9, 2008

Concerning the 17-hour day...

One of those terrible word problems, where "word" really means math spelled out:
If I wake up at 6:45 to go to job 1, and I get home from job 2 just before midnight, how is it that I do not collapse upon entering my apartment? Even counting the hours on my fingers makes me tired, yet somehow I manage to stay up way too late every single night.

Despite the self-inflicted lack of sleep, I think I prefer this sort of lifestyle; it feels much more productive. I wonder if you can hire a service to send someone to sedate you every evening? Or maybe have the neighbor's kids do it for a buck?

I'm even looking for ways to fill Monday and Tuesday evenings, though I should probably leave them for grocery shopping and laundry, no? But the NYU class bulletin, she beckons me, her visually nondescript pages promising unlimited opportunities for education, improvement, empowerment. Unlimited, that is, if money is no object. And as we can see from the as-yet immobile debt-o-meter, that is clearly not the case...yet!

Perhaps if I get hired on full-time I can convince the bosses that I will be much more valuable to the company if they pay for me to learn, say, how to make my own stained glass. Doing that kind of stuff in-house saves a lot on shipping alone, y'know. Something to think about.

No comments: