September 7, 2008

Who I am

I am a condescending hypocrite with a big brain*, bigger heart, and a slew of abrasive defense mechanisms that, when balled up together, are bigger than 12 of those brains and 9 of those hearts put together. (Laid end to end they circle the earth 47 times, but I never thought that kind of visualization was very useful.)

I was born to have hairy legs, weird thumbs, and freckles - but also to have nice eyes, tall...ness, and, well, freckles.

I often blame my circumstances on...my circumstances, but I'm not afraid to take responsibility for my life.

I sometimes trick people into thinking I can really juggle by juggling for a few seconds, then acting like I don't feel like juggling anymore, when really if I tried to jug- one more -gle, I'd drop everything but I usually explain to those people that I've just tried to trick them into thinking I can juggle.

I write in a blog I know my family and a very few friends read, often revealing my innermost thoughts, but I don't write every day, week, month, or season. So what?**


((*I say to this to mean both that people often think I'm smart (I think they're wrong) and that I have a big head. Serious. Human hats don't fit on it. No lie. Send me a hat, I'll send you a picture of it not fitting on my head.))


Now, you have me at a disadvantage!
Who are you?
**and how was your summer?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often feel a fraud. No amount of education or experience has protected me from dark moments of doubt and despair. As you age, you'll get used to it. Hopefully yours will be fewer and farther apart than mine. Other than that life this summer has been pretty rough with worry about Jenni and a bit about about you because of your long silence. Take care

Anonymous said...

whoa, you're alive...

Anonymous said...

oo, sounds so depressy ann. pull it together woman!

welcome back, ...I guess.

Anonymous said...

And we love ya for it!

Anonymous said...

:) ditto. we love you!