May 16, 2008

I on the E...except it's a C

My assumption was that, since I saw a C train leaving as I entered the station, the train that immediately followed it was an E.

Since I'm not familiar with the stops on either train, and it was too crowded to push through with my giant luggage-poorly-disguised-as-a-backpack and look at the map, I didn't discover I was on the wrong train until I heard "last stop."
One hour later, I was back at the station I'd started at, wondering whether I should've given myself more than two and a half hours to get to my flight. (Nah, but I should have checked which train I was boarding.)

In all, it took me four hours and $10 to go from work to the airport and back home again, with a piece of paper that guarantees me standby status (which guarantees me nothing) on the next available flight - 24 hours later.

Actually, I don't consider it much of a loss; I finished the book I was reading and got my daily exercise. Best of all, there's not a single reason for me to get out of bed until at least 2 tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What book was it?

joeadultman said...

World War Z - I wouldn't really recommend it, which is to say I really wouldn't recommend it. But if they make it into a movie, I'll probably watch it.

Jenni Christine said...

you always have quite the adventure when it comes to catching a flight

Anonymous said...

WOW. Congratulations on the 100% mark on your debt-o-meter!!! What an awesome accomplishment!! How was the wedding at the zoo? We are sorry we missed you in Sacramento.