June 17, 2007

Marketable skills in [brackets]

Today I was applauded (two people at three claps each counts as applause, actually) for my ability to [hold a stuffed bird aloft for lengthy periods of time].

Yesterday someone finally knew the name of the song I make people "sing" for me when I [balance a chair on my palm].

A song with no words (or none that you know) is one of those few remaining things that's nigh impossible to look up. Typing "da da da da da da da waaaa waaaa" into Google doesn't exactly help, and even though it kindly asks "Did you mean to search for: da dada dadadada whaaaa whaaaa," that search produces about 126,997 fewer results.

In fact, I'm still searching for a song I heard once, but I only know one lyric: "California." No, it's probably not the one you're thinking of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey you deleted a comment. what makes me think you won't delete mine? it's less likely you would. it has fewer chances of being deleted. thanks for the lesson. i'm not that comfortable with lyric as a singular noun. you updated three days in a row, your audience might start expecting too much. nice gap now though. keep them guessing.