April 15, 2008

THEM!

There is a half-hearted trail of ants making its way from my bathroom doorjamb to the wall underneath my window. Since I have nothing for them to drag home, they see fit to just pass through.

Initially I was against the whole arrangement, but these ants, while slower than the California variety to which I'm accustomed, have a much tougher exoskeleton, making them so much harder to squish that it's not worth the time and toilet paper.

Surprisingly, I haven't found any crawling on me yet - they stick pretty much to their route. Although occasionally when I move my shoes, there'll be a few that scatter (slowly) and I almost feel bad, like I'm the uncool parent breaking up a party. But then I realize that ants shouldn't be hiding under shoes anyway, they should be out somewhere being industrious and snubbing carefree grasshoppers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have something in common. Onl y difference is my ants had no trail. Just would surprise me in a little circle from out of nowhere. So I sprayed, got antsticks and other stuff. Now only one will pop up once in a while.
Good luck ant hunting!
Nonie

Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . .
Makes me think of the weird bug invasions that I've made it through. I think the worst was the cricket that I couldn't find for about a week. It wasn't only the hopping around and its "musik" - I knew it was spying on me at night . . .
After I finally killed it someone told me that having a cricket in your room was a sign of good luck ... might explain a few things ...

Anonymous said...

i heard if you use chalk and draw boundaries they stay within them.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Look at your debt go down! How exciting!! I hope you're not killing yourself to pay it off but, of course, interest rates just keep rising and soon they just take over your life if you don't get rid of them.
So touche! and kudos! and hot damn!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.