March 10, 2008

It's hard not to notice when things fall into place:

The day after I quit the first theatre job, I was coincidentally offered the second, which was everything I liked about the first - and then some - and nothing I didn't.

The only editing job I applied for was the one I only heard about because of that class I took, and somehow I was hired there, too.

The only apartment listing I responded to worked out to be my new place with only a few days to spare.

I've crossed paths with people I never should have, by any seemingly normal or logical standard, but who have helped me more than I'll probably ever understand.

And so on,
but,
while it all can seem very propellent and providential, when I step back I still don't see that I've gone anywhere special, really. And when I consider the jobs and circles of friends I end up floating around in, I sometimes can't help but think of that Groucho Marx quote,
"I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."



I ask you, reader,
What's your life leading up to?

2 comments:

bakingkitty said...

If I got every job I applied to, I would have quite the interesting resume. but that is because I am lame and on craigslist, and not networking like you! two interviews this week...

thinking of moving in july...

Anonymous said...

great post...i can sum it all up; that's life!!